Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
05-20-2019 -- 22:36:49

Login with username, password and session length

Top 10 Posters

flew-da-coup (1302)
Hawaii596 (1009)
USMCPMEL (841)
griff61 (573)
Hoopty (547)
docbyers (544)
MIRCS (535)
CalLabSolutions (511)
PMEL_DEVIL-DOG (509)
Thraxas (498)
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 19069
  • Total Topics: 3550
  • Online Today: 93
  • Online Ever: 242
  • (04-19-2014 -- 19:20:34)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 57
Total: 57

Author Topic: Technologist - Patrick Air Force Base, FL  (Read 739 times)

Offline WDavis

• Pinger
  • Action Taken: +0/-0
Technologist - Patrick Air Force Base, FL
« on: 03-06-2019 -- 17:47:44 »
As a subsidiary of Goldbelt, Inc., Goldbelt Falcon is an 8(a) Alaska Native Corporation providing scientific, engineering and technical services tailored to the defense, security, aerospace and environmental markets. Goldbelt Falcon is in search of a Technologist located at Patrick AFB, FL.

JOB DESCRIPTION:

The Technologist supervises laboratory production at the Patrick AFB Precision Measurement Equipment Laboratory (PMEL) and is responsible for providing calibration and repair services on TMDE.  Applies advanced technical knowledge to solve complex problems that typically cannot be solved solely by referencing manufacturer’s manuals or similar documents. They shall be responsible for providing equipment training on physical/mechanical equipment as well as electronic equipment to the laboratory technicians. Exercises independent judgment in tasks such as making circuit analysis, calculating waveforms, and tracing relationships in signal flow.  Uses complex test instruments, such as, high frequency pulse generators, frequency synthesizers, distortion analyzers, and complex control equipment on a regular basis.  The individual must also possess a knowledge of force, flow, pressure, temperature, dimensional and torque principles and standards. This individual shall be able to perform other union position’s roles and responsibilities on a short-term/temporary basis when the need arises, such as Support Services Technician, Technician, and Quality Technician. This individual shall also be able to perform the duties of the PMEL Manager in his absence; except to discipline an employee which shall only be done by a company representative.

EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATION:
1.Minimum 5 years’ experience as a metrology laboratory technician.  Experience to include inspecting, troubleshooting, repairing, overhauling, aligning, calibrating, and certifying Test, Measurement and Diagnostic Equipment (TMDE), metrology laboratory working standards and safe work practices/procedures.
2.Must have a working understanding of measurement uncertainty and be able to develop Measurement Uncertainty Budgets.
3.Possess the ability to develop calibration procedures based off of manufacture specifications.
4.Knowledge of calibration and maintenance of Physical/Dimensional and Electronics primary measurements standards.
5.Possesses the knowledge required to read and analyze block, schematic, wiring and logic diagrams.
6.Thorough understanding of the requirements of ISO 9001:2008 and T.O. 00-20-14. Should also possess some knowledge of ISO 17025 and IEC/ANSI Z540.3.
7.Good written and oral communication skills.
8.Must be a US Citizen.
9.Must be eligible for or have successfully completed a National Agency Check investigation within the last ten (10) years.

RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:

Essential/Typical Duties:

Maintains, repairs and calibrates electronic and physical/dimensional TMDE.
Performs general maintenance and overhaul procedures; and uses TMDE to troubleshoot and repair equipment.
Provides technical guidance and assistance to PMEL technicians.
Responsible for scheduling work, record keeping, training and maintaining a smooth flow of work; for providing technical evaluations and must report all instances of failure to maintain flow of work to the Site Manager.

Non-Essential Duties:

Performs other related duties as assigned.

Lifting/Moving Requirements:
Must have the ability to lift up to fifty (50) pounds (lbs.); must have the ability to perform repetitive hand and arm movements when calibrating certain TMDE.

Apply at the following location if you are interested in this position:

https://chc.tbe.taleo.net/chc01/ats/careers/v2/viewRequisition?org=GOLD&cws=37&rid=1248

Offline griff61

• 7-level
  • Action Taken: +35/-3
Re: Technologist - Patrick Air Force Base, FL
« Reply #1 on: 03-07-2019 -- 16:53:14 »
Cocoa beach...Cape Canaveral...
a few years too early for me, unfortunately
Sarcasm - Just one more service I offer

Offline OlDave

• 5-level
  • Action Taken: +21/-0
« Reply #2 on: 03-07-2019 -- 18:11:07 »
And too late for me....
 :cry:

Offline PurelyNonsense

• 5-level
  • Action Taken: +1/-0
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: 03-07-2019 -- 20:23:39 »
If I could move I would. I'd love to work there! I'll have to hope I can when the time is right.

DISCLAIMER:  This site is not an official US Air Force site, it is intended for private use only.  It is not endorsed, in any way, by the US Air Force, the DoD, or any other governmental agency.  Additionally, all information found within this site is just that, it is NOT meant to be used in place of authorized publications.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.

All forum content is the property of the respective poster, all the rest © 2004-2017 by PMEL Forum.