Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
07-07-2020 -- 18:59:10

Login with username, password and session length

Top 10 Posters

flew-da-coup (1303)
Hawaii596 (1015)
USMCPMEL (850)
griff61 (580)
Hoopty (548)
docbyers (544)
MIRCS (535)
CalLabSolutions (519)
PMEL_DEVIL-DOG (509)
Thraxas (498)
Members
Stats
  • Total Posts: 19225
  • Total Topics: 3636
  • Online Today: 67
  • Online Ever: 242
  • (04-19-2014 -- 19:20:34)
Users Online
Users: 0
Guests: 29
Total: 29

Author Topic: www.fbijobs.com  (Read 5384 times)

ex-PMEL

www.fbijobs.com
« on: 12-07-2005 -- 20:43:59 »
:-D
For those weary of the calibration field, the FBI has a lot of jobs for electronics technicians around the country. I just started after more than 20 years in PMEL.
Requirements:
1) clean record: no drunk driving, little or no drug use preferably in the distant past
2) nothing secret that can be used as leverage on you: cheating on spouse, excessive drinking, hot stamping ANUPM145's :), etc.
3) strong electronics in a variety of disciplines: the more you can describe in your application, the better you chances on the computerized selection method. Even if you DON'T know a discipline asked for, SAY you don't so at least the WORD is used in your application.
4) BIG ADVANTAGE: If you already have a top secret clearance, you could possibly start in as little as 2-3 months. To go from secret, it can take 6-24 months, so start applying now.
Advantages:
1) great pay: I went from WG11 (PMEL) to GS11, almost $4/hr increase. I'll also get yearly increases to GS12 and 13.
2) great government benefits: health insurance as low as $70/mo for FULL family, so are even less, your military time (unless retired) counts toward vacation time: 0-3 years service 13 days per year, 3-15 years 19 days per year and 15 more gets 26 days per year vacation. Everyone gets 13 days sick time per year, ET's get 3 hours paid per week for gym time
3) Positions have little to no travel and up to alot of travel.
4) TONS of training available
5) a lot of promotion potential and ability to move around to a variety of electronics positions.
6) no constant threat of going or changing contract - for those in military labs.

Offline PMEL_DEVIL-DOG

• 7-level
  • Action Taken: +12/-0
  • If you ain't Muslim, then you ain't Shiatte....
    • Email
Re: www.fbijobs.com
« Reply #1 on: 12-12-2005 -- 06:55:46 »
thanks for the info...what type resume did you submit for that job?
"Marine Corps Recruit Depot, Parris Island, South Carolina: Where young men who can't hack it, drop out, and become outstanding Air Force Officers..."

Offline LarryH

• 3-level
  • Action Taken: +1/-0
    • Email
Re: www.fbijobs.com
« Reply #2 on: 12-16-2005 -- 00:30:16 »
I think the fbijobs is all done online - no resumes needed.  I get regular e-mails when jobs fit the profile I have set up - Electronics or Engineering technician positions in the areas of the country I am interested in.
USAF PMEL: 82-91, Civie PMEL: 91-05,  post PMEL 05 and on.

DISCLAIMER:  This site is not an official US Air Force site, it is intended for private use only.  It is not endorsed, in any way, by the US Air Force, the DoD, or any other governmental agency.  Additionally, all information found within this site is just that, it is NOT meant to be used in place of authorized publications.

All logos and trademarks in this site are property of their respective owner.

All forum content is the property of the respective poster, all the rest 2004-2017 by PMEL Forum.