What's your favorite item to NRTS 9?

Started by Broken_Wings, 06-29-2012 -- 06:58:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Broken_Wings

Didn't make this a poll because of the wide range of answers that I could imagine. Item does not have to be XB3
A few suggestions: Specific part number, priorities, item type, or general pain in the ass items.
"Never hurts to NRTS."
"NRTS them all let QA sort it out."
"My wings have healed." - Probably a parrot said this.

metrologygeek

One for the old timers - Wavtek 110.

Squidley

Capacitance fuel level test sets in general...
Douglas J. Baird, USN(ret),

yonker08

Back in da day anything that wasn't a HP, Tek or Fluke item :-o
Make no friendship with an angry man; and with a furious man thou shalt not go: Prov.22:24

MRD

Anything Wavetek, Boonton, IFR (especially AN/GRM114As) and any Tektronix spectrum analyzer.

wayne.gilly

Me - I code anything older than I am.  If it is as old as my kids are I flip a coin.

retiredAFinSD

Any step attenuator blown up by Comm group, Power Sensors, ANUPM137A.

mdbuike

Any scope or plug-in with wafer switches....especially the 2230 series

Mike
Summum ius summa iniuria.

The more law, the less justice.

Cicero, De Officiis, I, 33

Ronin

I enjoy NRTS 9'ing the coffee machines and the tube TVs.  Nothing compares to a Bunn...  I also enjoy obtaining permission to disassemble old useless printers to use the parts for projects and test fixtures.
If you are not interested in the science, then you have mistaken me for someone who is content to work next to the demon called indifference.  Get thee hence back to your hell, you greedy and heartless devil, and leave my people free to feel good about the instruments they study.  They are your mothers and fathers, not your mindless subjects.

USMCPMEL

spanishfly25

After PMEL at howard AFB, Panama,(actually Albrook) I went to work for Boonton. Thinking that it was a big company. what I surprise, I even wonder how they got the military contracts. we were only 4 service techs. my vote goes for any Boonton equipment except the distortion analyzers

HalAC

Any DMM made by Beckman.

Trig-Tek is a close second.
"No matter where you go, There you are!"

MasbateMike

Wavetek 1060 Waveform Analyzer...not only do I get to scrap a POS boat anchor, I get to annoy the French because they still use them in their test consoles! Double the fun!

jimmyc

nrts-9??  why not what is your favorite NRTS code?  mine is 1, clean and simple.

jimmyc

Quote from: USMCPMEL on 07-02-2012 -- 13:00:20
Printers? also whats NRTS 9?

nrts (not repairable this staion) is the same (even the codes) as BCM (beyond capability of maint)